( just move your ass ! )
As brand, manufacturer and in our private lifetime we must lead by example. Fashion is not only about garments, it`s like everybody knows also connected to lifestyle. Protecting our environment, fulfilling social responsibilities, ensuring that we and our customers can reduce the impact on the environment is an inevitable, most important, usefull, wake-up trend, nobody can deny. Question is why we have culturally such a huge deficit!? The quality of geppebba depends, on the materials and methods we use for our products. Taking responsibility for the entire product lifecycle and examining how we use resources everywhere. Geppebba engages in environment protection activities and keep it as simple as it is, like: low production quantities = low impact on nature, no car driving = no CO2 pollution etc… in the majority of cases there is no technology needed!
We have identified the desire for comfort, pure stupidity and greed for more as the main cause of human depletion of wildlife & nature. If you have a car, why not sell it? We did exactly that – to see how far we just come to by omission and do something for nature. As a result we were forced to travel excessively by train… we found out that the abrasion of running-shoe soles doesn`t mean that you are 100% eco friendly.
… but in the same breath we have experienced an incredible surprise! By exploring our physical limits everyday, we landed in ultra-endurance sports – realised that ironman is a sprint discipline, running 100miles is possible for everybody! Reduction makes you so much happier – it´s tremendous!
– we create real products and deliver on request, no collection overmodulation, no overproduction (!!!) yes, who is talking about overproduction…?
– we have high providence for made in Europe (low delivery routes are the main factor for being a sustainable brand or not !) & adore the handcraft (fair trade is local !)
– sustainabilty is our 100% basic character trait and that`s why we don´t want to make a marketing concept out of it… we recommend to wear your cloth to the very end of the material lifetime and repair it again and ever again – that is the greenest what you can do – and maybe you already have enough clothes, so please buy only when necessary!
– we do no fake vintage style or used looks – enjoy the process of things getting older the result is much nicer! We also think that it`s absolute stupid to reduce the lifetime of a garment with mostly harmful methods/effects or using any kind of energy (mostly harmful sourced!).. like treatments with “innovative” laser technology and water-reducing washes – that`s industrial bullshitting the bona fide purchaser!
– we have excellent manufacturing contacts in Europe for embroidery, sewing, laundry & dyeing etc….All of them have environmental certifications and fullfil the higher standarts possible today. Please have a look at our int. suppliers for fabric, yarn & other parts: www.kurabo.co.jp, www.berto.it , www.panamatrimmings.it , www.micspa.com, www.ricamificioerrebi.com , www.tobby.com, www.ykk.com, www.sintex.cz, www.oyster.lt, www.uco.be
- 1) Recognizing that all business activities can have an impact on the environment, we promotes energy conservation, resource saving / reduction and recycling of waste.
- 2) By setting and working towards the achievement of environmental objectives, we continue to work on the improvement of our environment management system developed through the prevention of pollution.
- 3) In addition to complying with all environment related laws, we abide by any other requirements that we have committed to.
- 4) Being a company that is cognizant of the environment enables us to provide products and services that our customers are able to trust.
- 5) We will also apply at the household level the methods for reducing environmental load that we have acquired through activities, aiming to live in harmony with the society of which we are part.
- 6) With the elimination of waste from these activities, we will streamline and improve the efficiency of our operation, and promoting cost reduction.
Send us your denim & get 25% off a new pair of jeans
Reduce your impact and help us close the loop by sending us your old denim for recycling. We’ accept any jeans. And when we receive your old jeans and denim pieces, we’ll give you 25% off your next pair of jeans.
Our new recycling initiative seeks to limit the environmental impact of new clothes and reduce textile waste.
Your old denim and jeans will be recycled into new yarns for new denim, and old jeans will become new jeans.
Join us in taking a stand against the culture of disposable fashion.